The Radio Equalizer: Brian Maloney

28 February 2005

Should Bloggers Allow Comments?

Recently I've seen a number of bloggers discuss why they've yanked the comments sections from their sites. Some feel there's just no way to keep on top of the nasty and obscene posts left by a few hotheads.

One posted some of her hate mail for all to see and it was truly frightening. It looked like what talk show hosts get in their mailboxes sometimes. I was surprised things had progressed to that point. Bloggers, you have officially arrived!

Not only have I continued to maintain a comments section underneath each post, but I also don't require registration either. Anybody can add a comment. I have only removed obscene posts on a couple of occasions.

Why? I want readers to see what passes for debate on the other side these days. It demonstrates my points better than anything I could ever write myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
Page Rank Checker

Powered by Blogger