The Radio Equalizer: Brian Maloney

28 July 2011

Sharpton Blows His Stack Over Caller's Debt Ceiling Facts

DEBT NYET

Caller Fights Sharpton's Soviet-Style Propaganda







Memo to Al Sharpton: when parroting the Politburo's party line, make sure your talking points are easily accessible. Without them, it's easy to be derailed by an intelligent listener.

That's exactly what occurred on yesterday's Al Sharpton Show, as a well-versed radio caller challenged the reverend to explain his misleading use of Obamist debt ceiling scare tactics, particularly regarding Social Security payments.

When it becomes clear Sharpton doesn't have the facts needed to win the argument, he cranks the Bully-meter to the max, stepping all over the caller. After it grows particularly heated, Al blows his stack, accusing him of being a liar.


Watch as Sharpton slowly loses his cool, leading to an on-air meltdown:





CALLER VIRGIL IN ATLANTA (AL SHARPTON SHOW 27 JULY 2011): I marched with you. I followed you I did a lot of things. I voted for this President, President Obama as well, but a lot of the things you‘re typically doing is actually deceiving the people, you’re crossing the tooth. Social Security has nothing to do with this debt that we’re talking about.


SHARPTON: No, social security has nothing to do with the deficit.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: It has nothing to do with the deficit it’s not going to harm people’s social security. But you just told a caller not too long ago that you kind of entwined it and made it seem like it did.


SHARPTON: What I said was, slow down slow down slow down. What I said was and what the President has said and the Congress has said is that if they default that the President may not have the money to cover everything in the budget. At that point they will decide what they’re going to pay. And that’s up to, the decision whether they’re going to pay this that or the other includes social security. That does not mean money is not in social security. It means that when they have the options of when they’re options are we gotta make a payment; they can decide I’m paying this I’m paying that. That’s what I said and that’s what the President said and that’s a fact. That does not mean, nor did anyone say that social security caused the deficit. We’re saying the choices they’re going to make if they’re in default.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: But you gotta, you’re not clarifying that. You know (Sharpton interrupts)


SHARPTON: That’s exactly what I said Sir!


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: It's 14 trillion dollars in debt as far as the military and the wars. We’re 52 trillion in debt as far as for the assistance programs. Those are two separate things. FSI (Sharpton interrupts)


SHARPTON: That has not one iota to do with what I just said, or what I said before. I said if they default they decide on what they’re going to pay based on what they have. You talking apples I’m talking oranges.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: But shouldn’t he had been making these decisions on (Sharpton interrupts)


SHARPTON: Now you’re talking about something different. You get on the radio.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: Okay here we go.


SHARPTON: distort what I said and said we’re misleading people. You’re misleading people. What I said was that if they default that they then have to choose what they’re gonna pay. Is that true or not?


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: How is it that he can’t get 200 billion a month and he’s still 350 million (Sharpton interrupts)


SHARPTON: I asked you a question! I asked you a question! I’m going to ask you one more time and then I’m going to the next caller. Is that true or not?


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: Well, you entwined them two.


SHARPTON: I’m not implying nothing. I’m asking you a question! If they default will they not have to choose what bills they’re gonna pay based on what reserve they have? Is that true or not?


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: He presented his plan.


SHARPTON: Sir, you trying to hog, you trying to double talk. I answered you straight, answer me straight. Is that true or not?


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: Some of what you saying is true some of what you saying is false.


SHARPTON: What is not true? What is not true Sir? What is not true? What is not true? If they default if they default, then they don’t have to choose who they’re gonna pay?


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: Bottom line, he (Obama) cannot take from social security because that money does not come out of social security. Let’s address it that way.


SHARPTON: What do you, you what?!


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: That money (social security) comes out of the taxpayer’s money for them to put aside. That money is set aside in a lockbox and for them to have at the time of their retirement and for things of that nature. That has nothing to do with that unless he has (Sharpton interrupts)


SHARPTON: It comes out of the lockbox, sir do you know what you talking about? It comes out of the lock box into the federal government to pay its bills on a monthly basis. That’s like saying if I have some money that is in a different account that funnels into my regular account to pay my bills of course it doesn’t mean you dealing with the lockbox, but it means when it comes out that money becomes in my general bill my general bill my general account that pays my bills and I may decide to pay my phone bill rather than my gas bill.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: Yeah that means you would be stealing from end a pot and putting in the next pot. That’s basically what you’d be doing, stealing. Unless the money is not there. Unless the money has already been spent.


SHARPTON: First of all, that’s the whole point we’re saying, which is why we’re saying that social security Medicare and Medicaid should not be touched. That is exactly what we’ve been saying. But he (Obama) is saying is that if they are in default, he has to choose what they are going to pay based on what is in the reserve. How many times I have to tell you the same thing.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: The problem is he should have already made those decisions. If we take in 200 billion a month and he spends 350 billion, if you’re going to over talk me (Sharpton interrupts)


SHARPTON: He (Obama) should have made what decisions if we in default? If we in default?


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: Let people know the truth. All right Rev, let the people know the truth.


SHARPTON: YOU ARE LYING! YOU ARE LYING! THAT IS NOT THE TRUTH! DID THE PEOPLE, THE MONEY THAT COMES IN SIR, YOU’RE LYING! LET’S BE CLEAR!

LET ME BE REAL CLEAR! WHAT YOU’RE SAYING IS A LIE BECAUSE DEFAULT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT. IF THEY’RE IN DEFAULT, THEY’RE IN DEFAULT.

YOU’RE TALKING LIKE WE SAY THAT EVERYTHING IS NORMAL AND LEVEL. WE’RE TALKING ABOUT IF THEY DEFAULT NEXT TUESDAY, IF THAT BECOMES THE [unclear].



VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: All of our prices that we pay in these stores, prices are gonna go up if we up the debt ceiling. The process are already up. Its gonna double the prices. If not (Sharpton interrupts)


SHARPTON: What does that have to do with what we talking about.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: But you got to tell them, you got to tell them the repercussions and the consequences of raising this debt. You not telling them that. You not telling them that.


SHARPTON: Sir, you are every time someone answers a point you go to, now you talking about the prices doubling. We were talking about how you pay the government bills.


VIRGIL IN ATLANTA: Well I ain’t got but a couple more seconds and you know that, you gonna cut me out. I gotta say what I gotta say.


SHARPTON: Your problem is I haven’t cut you off cause I’m gonna let everybody understand you don’t know what you talking about. You wanted me to cut you off! I’m letting you talk so people know you just running a lot of rhetoric and don’t know what you talking about.


Will Sharpton keep the radio program once his MSNBC deal is finalized? This exchange certainly reminds us of that question.

Listeners are firmly challenging the reverend to explain his Obamist loyalties, leading to these uncomfortable exchanges. No need to take pesky callers on cable, right?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
Page Rank Checker

Powered by Blogger