The Radio Equalizer: Brian Maloney

21 April 2012

Sharpton & Friends Slam Zimmerman Bail, Reject Apology

AL GRIPE-TON

Reverend, Pals Unhappy Over Zimmerman Developments








What happened to being satisfied with George Zimmerman's arrest?

Now that Trayvon Martin's shooter has made a dramatic court appearance, Al Sharpton & Friends are angry over what they consider "low bail" and the ease at which that has now led to his temporary release from jail.

Sure, we could have seen this coming, but Sharpton is not at all willing to consider the prosecution's weak case or the now-ubiquitous photo of Zimmerman's bloody head that shoots down weeks of hysterical MSNBC zealotry.






GEORGE CURRY (HOUR TWO - 6:21): This Zimmerman stuff, it’s just crazy. 150.000 dollar bail?

SHARPTON: Even with the experts telling me well they get bail, that is low, I mean that’s 15,000 dollars.

CURRY: Yeah yeah I thought that they’d been higher than that.

SHARPTON: Yeah, I’m not shocked he got bond, though I clearly think that he certainly had a basis not to give him that. But, 150.000 dollars that was certainly what they should have been.


One question: after all these years, has Sharpton ever sincerely apologized for his own (substantially higher) body count?



Earlier in Friday's show, Sharpton said he rejected Zimmerman's apology because it hadn't come soon enough:


AL SHARPTON (6:53): Clearly I have some real questions about all of this. One, I don’t understand if one wants to look at the background of Mr. Zimmerman why there’s not the basis of holding him without bail. And I understand that some of the experts are saying they do give bail bonds to people with murder two in the state of Florida. But, clearly that was the judges call either way.

He could have, based on the violent encounter he’s had with law enforcement in the past and his girlfriend denied bail. But in terms of the apology, I don’t take apologies lightly. I forgave the guy who tried to kill me leading a march.

But, I think the family raises a critical point and that is that at no point in over fifty days between the killing and his arrest did Mr. Zimmerman ever apologize publicly or seek to privately apologize to the family, so why now? The most objective person would have to look at the apology and question whether the timing is self-serving. So we gonna talk about it and let you give your views, but that’s the things I want to raise early.


And a few days earlier, Sharpton was engaged in an obnoxious, self-serving gloat-fest:






AL SHARPTON (8:02): I got us this morning and I realized that we’ve been, a lot of people been telling me they’re praying for me and I see why cause I realize I say you know I went straight from the march from Selma to Montgomery into straight into Florida straight into losing my mother straight back into Florida straight into the National Convention. About five or six week we haven’t slowed down. I guess when you’re running you don’t realize it till you get one night’s sleep and you say hmm…


Is the Rev campaigning for a future public holiday in his honor? Team Sharpton's setting new records for sheer absurdity.


3 Comments:

  • There is something poetic in watching race baiters like Rev Al and JJ as they continue taking the rope and forming a noose and slipping it over their own necks.
    That is the kind of Justice money cannot buy.

    By Anonymous Lower Delta, at 22 April, 2012 08:33  

  • There is something poetic in watching race baiters like Rev Al and JJ as they continue taking the rope and forming a noose and slipping it over their own necks.
    That is the kind of Justice money cannot buy.

    By Anonymous Lower Delta, at 22 April, 2012 08:34  

  • The mere fact that Sharpton continues his job with MSNBC, in light of his recent activities, makes a strong case for wrongful termination of both Keith Olbermann and Pat Buchanan.

    By Anonymous Robert Fortis, at 22 April, 2012 15:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
Page Rank Checker

Powered by Blogger